2016/12/04

#4 God's Own Junk Yard / ロンドン旅行記 #4


This is the most memorial place that I ever been. 'God's Own Junk Yard' - we went by train, the nearest station is Walthamstow Central. Then we had to walk about 15 min from station. While we walked the street in residential street, suddenly this cutest signboard appeared. :)

旅行中最も印象深かった場所、God's Own Junk Yard(ゴッズオウンジャンクヤード、神様のガラクタ置き場)。ロンドンの中心部から約30分、さらに最寄り駅から15分ほど歩くという少し離れた場所にあります。住宅街をずーっと歩いていくと現れる可愛い看板!


Then after you entered the gate, there is like a heaven.
This yard is very best for the person who like neon sign. (Yes, it's like me.) Here is like a museum of neon signs. This yard is founded by Chris Bracey who worked as an artist of neon sign for some famous cinemas of hollywood. (R.I.P for Mr.Chris, he died in 2014 although he was 59 yo.)

ちょっと不思議な雰囲気の入り口をくぐると、そこは最高の天国でした!
まるでネオンサインの博物館のような場所。ここは、数々のハリウッド映画のためにネオンサインを製作していたアーティスト・Chris Braceyさんによって公開されている特別なネオン保管倉庫です。(残念ながらオーナーのChrisさんは2014年に亡くなられたそうです。)





 
There are so many many neons, it include that used-recycle neon that is remake by Mr. Chris. This place is so magical, I'm not sure why but I could deeply relax at here. Also amazingly enter fee is free, and you can buy some drinks and little snacks.

本当に、一つ一つじっくりと見ているとあっという間に1日経ってしまいそうなほどたくさんのネオンがありました。本来捨てられるはずだった古い看板などをChrisさんがリメイクしたものも数多くあるそうです。こんなにチカチカした空間なのに、なぜだか逆にすっごくリラックスできる場所でした。なんと入場料は無料(!)いくつかソファなどがあり、奥のカウンターでスコーンやドリンクを売っていて、各自自由にくつろぎながら眺めるスタイル。めっちゃ良かった。






I can't decide best one lol. But so excited when I found the 'STARK' on the wall. If you know ironman, you can easily understand what is this. (I really like marvel movie!) Ironman - tony stark is the owner of Stark Industries. Also the word of 'HOTEL' that is next to this one, it is from The Dark Night.

どれが一番って決めることができないくらいネオンがあったんですが、このSTARKの文字を見つけた時は最高に上がった!だってだって、Marvelシリーズのアイアンマンにでてくる、スタークインダストリーズのネオンだったんです!! ちなみにその横にあった’HOTEL’はダークナイトに出てくるもの。



We talked with John who works here and welcome to visitors. He really likes Japan and he has japanese name - Murakami. (It's so standard, we're not sure why he chose this lol) He is so friendly and kindness.

ここで働くジョンという男性と色々お話しをしました;) 彼はとっても日本が好きで、よく日本に来るそう。しかもなぜかジャパニーズネームを持っているらしく、聞くと村上さん。笑!村上さんと呼んで、と言われたけど純イギリス人の見た目とのギャップが。笑!でもとっても親切で良い方でした。



 I love this popeye's doll and LOVE neons. Next blog will be last one about London.

ポパイとオリーブの人形の裏にLOVEネオンを置くにくい演出。とっても好き。次回でやっとロンドンブログ〆!


instagram@carriedaway_coco

xxx

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿